Oct 26, 2009

Growth Spurt! 15 weeks

Baby Roberson had a growth spurt this week!! Or so, I think he/she did:) You know, I laugh at myself everytime I take a new picture. Each time I see my belly in a picture, I think it's huge! haha. And then I look at older belly pics and see nothing, when at that time I thought my belly was huge as well. I say all of that to say that in this week's picture, I really do see a baby bump! And hopefully in a few weeks when I'm even bigger, I'll look back at this picture and not think I was crazy for seeing anything.  


One with the shirt down....                                                     


And the ever growing baby bump:) 15 weeks



Here is some info. about the growth of our little one from Babycenter: (the writers just chose a gender; we obviously don't know yet what we are having)

Your growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple). She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but she is forming taste buds. Finally, if you have an ultrasound this week, you may be able to find out whether your baby's a boy or a girl!

Adam and I couldn't be more exited about finding out the sex of our baby! Only 2 1/2 weeks, and we will know:) I've been feeling wonderful so far. And no crazy cravings to mention....yet!

Adam and I are also trying to nail down some names. We are both very indecisive people, so as you can imagine,  this is a difficult task! Just as we think we've decided, we change our minds again! Choosing our child's name is a HUGE responsibility! We want it to mean something honoring, to not have weird initials, to be different but not too different, to reflect us as a couple...and the list goes on a on...HOWEVER. I do say that we are having fun deciding all of this. And if you have any suggestions, please send them our way. And of course, as soon as we know, you will know:)

Tonight we are off to the Corn Maze with our highschool students (who by the way, think they know exactly what we are having and are fighting over who we will choose first to babysit;) I'm just thankful that we have some willing babysitters ready! Anyway, we are enjoying our fall, looking forward to the holiday season! Please keep praying for me, Adam and baby roberson:) God Bless!

4 comments:

  1. Monica...I hate to tell you this, but I think you a putting on some weight. No, seriously, I'm so happy for y'all. I can't wait until he/she arrives!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful! I think you're right...I'm starting to see a little belly growing! But I don't think anyone would notice unless they were REALLY looking for it! :) We love you AND this precious baby already!

    Love,
    Aunt Taylor and Uncle Jay

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a very Michael comment to make. you are beautiful! Love you much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No doubt about it, the Bump has made a debut! Come on people, admit it!! Hahahahah :) :)


    Lauren

    ReplyDelete