Mar 17, 2010

35 weeks and the nursery so far...

Well I cannot believe we are getting so close!! Adam and I are starting to realize how soon we will have a little one home with us!! I haven't been sleeping that well, but thankfully, for whatever reason, last night I slept better than usual. I only woke up twice to go to the bathroom (thanks to Jackson sitting on my bladder:) and my hips didn't start to ache until early in the morning. Some nights my hips ache all night, and I toss and turn until morning, but this morning was better! 

I'm really not upset about the not sleeping well. I figure God is just preparing me for the several times I'll wake up in the night once Jackson gets here, which have I said I am SO excited about!? (the him getting here part, not waking up:)

Anyway, this has nothing to do with baby stuff, but I want to point out that I am so proud of Adam. He started P90x this week with several guys. They meet at 5 IN THE MORNING to work out..and Adam has done great! He says I can expect a chiseled husband in 3 months!:) I'm just so proud of him for getting up that early. Maybe in a few weeks I'll be up that early too feeding our sweet child. Wow- life is about to change!

The nursery is almost complete- and it looks amazing! The crib came in yesterday, and Adam put it together in about 45 minutes. I've washed all of the bedding, so that today I can see what it will all look like put together! All that's left is hanging the curtain, hanging the wall art, and applying the tree applique that our fun decorators ordered. 

As far as the daunting task of organizing all of the baby stuff and putting in the nursery, mom is coming today to help me do all of that. I'm so excited to see this room come together!

I also have a doctor's appointment this week, which is always so fun. I'm still having lots of Braxton Hicks, so I'm hoping that means my body is getting into gear! Well, (now) only a week and a half until our little man is considered "full term"!!! I can't wait to find out what his birthday is:)

Ok so I'm putting up some belly pictures...AND some pictures of the nursery so far...but...know that it is not finished! I just can't wait to show you the progress :)!...and there are ALOT of pictures I'm posting!




Here are some pics of some of my high school/ college girls and the creative genius (one girl's mom) who are working on the room!




This next picture is of an old bookshelf my grandparents bought us from an antique store for 20 bucks....I've posted a pic at the bottom of this post of the book shelf in its new paint color!


Adam putting together the crib...

 And the room still has a few pieces of artwork and decorations coming...And that giraffe print piece (which I love)  is a curtain, made by one of my girl's mom's,  that we haven't (obviously) put up yet.




And here is the freshly painted bookshelf! That by the end of this decorating venture will be filled with baby stuff...




So there you go! Hopefully by the end of this week everything will be put away and ready for our little man to get here:)

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see the finished product of the nursery! The "new" white shelves look soooo good and I love the giraffe fabric! What an exciting time...Love you!

    ReplyDelete