Feb 23, 2010

Seriously...my belly feels HUGE!...32 weeks....

Ok, so maybe HUGE is an exaggeration;however, when I try to unload the dishwasher or bend down to do laundry, or when I look at the recent belly shots I've taken, I literally feel like I have a soccer ball sitting inside my body. And if you've ever tried to tie your shoe with a soccer ball in your lap...well...it's kind of difficult. AND the funny thing is..I have 8 weeks to go! haha! I probably don't even know what "huge" is yet:)

This past weekend I had two awesome showers! The first one was with my Abuela and all of her Spanish friends...things are always fun at her house! And the second was thrown by my sweet college friends. There were several points during the weekend where I felt myself getting choked up just thinking about the effort my friends and family put into doing the showers. I know Jackson is already so loved and he isn't even here yet!! That makes me emotional!

On Sunday afternoon, I spent a good couple of hours going through everything we had already received for Jackson. I took things out of bags, and organized each item into categories:) Like shower stuff, feeding stuff, clothes etc. I think I could have finished the task sooner, but I absolutely loved looking at each baby item imagining Jackson using or wearing it! During that time, I showed Adam everything we got, and it was so fun seeing which things he liked the most, and what he was excited about!! I think I've gone in the nursery at least 3 times a day this week just looking at his stuff and thinking about Jackson! And that's with the nursery not even complete. Once it is finished, I might just sleep in there! haha..j/k...but it will be tempting:)

Mommy and baby are doing very good. I have another appointment on Thursday, and then I go every two weeks! Jackson is continuing to grow...he gets hiccups at least twice a day now! Also, I think he has bruised a rib with his kicking:) Sometimes I wince when it hurts, and Adam starts talking to Jackson telling him that he needs to be careful and not hurt his mommy:) It's cute!

I've also been trying to guess which body parts are what..but no luck. I think his feet are at the top, because they keep kicking my ribs, and occasionally I think I feel his legs or little booty..but I could be wrong! I'm going to ask the doctor this week if he will point out to me which position our little man is in.

Also, this week will be my last week with CBS, the community bible study I attend and help teach. It was a bittersweet decision to leave early, but I know I need the extra time to rest and "nest" before out little guy arrives. Anyway, that's all for now. This is all going by very fast!! I can't wait until he gets here!!


Here are some belly pics and pics from the showers..I've uploaded a ton!



















1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing! Love the post because I couldn't be there for the showers it was great to see it all! You are soo big!!

    ReplyDelete