Sep 4, 2011

Crafting and DIY Projects

So...I've been crafting and DIY'ing the past several days. I've been bitten by the crafting bug, and I'm pretty sure Pinterest is to blame. Most social media sites are a big huge distraction for me considering nothing productive is achieved, but Pinterest has had the opposite effect on me! For awhile now, I've had a laundry list of to-do projects, that I hadn't started yet. But after seeing lots and lots of inspiring ideas and pictures on Pinerest, I've gotten my crafting on! 


Case in point: 






This necklace I made with an old t-shirt, some glue, felt, a strip of ribbon, and a button. All  supplies I already had, which brought the grand total of this necklace to......


$0.00  :)


Here's a link if you want to make one too:  Coiled Flower Necklace Tutorial

And here's another one I made:


Yup, made from another old yellow tank top I had, and some felt, glue, and a chain I bought at Michael's for $3.00. I LOVE it, and have already made 4 more. Isn't it fun?!

Here's a link to this necklace tutorial: Pom Pom Bib Necklace

But my favorite DIY so far has to be our side table re-do! I've had two side tables that used to be my grandmother's sitting in our guest bedroom. I've wanted to paint these babies forever, and finally we got around to doing so this weekend. 

Here is a before pic:


Not too purty uh? But after some sanding...(thanks babe)



And priming.....



She looked better than ever!


The color is a little less yellow-green, and more pastel green in person, and we LOVE it! We wanted a green table to match our new living room color scheme. Mom bought us new slipcovers (thanks mom!), and we bought new throw pillows (thanks Ross Dress for Less and Target)

These are the pillows we bought at Ross for $5, $9, and $9....




And here is a pic of one of the 2 pillows we bought at Target for $9.99.....



Now for a "before" couch picture..this is the best one I could find. I somehow forgot to get a shot of everything before we ripped off the old slipcovers.




And the brighter, fresher, cleaner AFTER: 




So fun right?! (Now would be a good time to mention that I took these pictures at night, with a cell phone, not so wise uh? AND I forgot to get a picture of the other couch. How did I forget that?!)


My next project is to paint stripes on our white curtains that you can see in the before picture. I've already got some left over paint that was used on our walls...hopefully they will look as good as this...




We will see! I'll post pictures soon!


Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy your Labor Day. :)

2 comments:

  1. So pretty Monica! You are so creative! Are those the original couches? I love em. Bright and fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am just so impressed!! looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete