Apr 19, 2011

Pouring into others

Hello friends! This past weekend was one of the best weekends we have had in a long time. It was filled with lots of celebrations for our little man who is turning one tomorrow. I am working on a post about his first birthday, his party, and his baby dedication. Until it is finished, I thought I would challenge you to hopefully seek to influence the next generation.



Going on 8 years now, I have been mentoring and leading high school girls small groups. Working with high school girls has so much been apart of my life that I couldn't imagine living life without spending time with them. I've been able to watch them grow and learn, and be challenged, and make good decisions, and make bad decisions, and learn from their bad decisions, and find out who they are ultimately in Christ. It is such a joy to allow Christ to work through me so I can speak truth into their lives. Culture today has so confused and overwhelmed and corrupted the biblical view of womanhood, that I am seeking to restore these girls to a correct mindset of who they are and who they are to be in Christ. 


My husband, who is the Family Ministry Pastor at our church, says frequently (quoting someone else)


"We are to build relational bridges strong enough to bear the weight of truth." 


If we really want to influence others, we must focus on building  real relationships with them. 


My husband has also mentored high school, college, and single guys for years and years. He is currently meeting with one guy on a weekly basis. They have been meeting for roughly two years, and just now he is starting to see major life change happen in this kid. My husband has been loving, and persistent, and God has used him.


One of the greatest feelings is knowing God had used you to influence someone else's life. 


Are you mentoring someone? Are you pouring into other people?  If not, pray about doing so. It has the potential to be one of the most rewarding and fulfilling decisions you have ever made!

1 comment: